martes, 24 de noviembre de 2009

When my fears came alive

Then it all came clear and I finally could open my eyes. I was standing on the surface of a sphere: an enormous sphere where millions of people live, change, die.
I was lying in the middle of the street. I tried to move but I felt weak. Slowly, I touched my head and then looked at my fingers: they were full of blood… my blood?
I wasn’t sure about what had happened. When I tried to concentrate, my head started to ache and I decided just to stay there, waiting for someone to come and help me.
A burning tear started to cover my cheek. “Stay calm” I was saying to myself. “Everything could be worse. At least, I’m alive.”
Maybe I was the only one that was still alive. Maybe this sphere was not full of people anymore, and I was the last person that could live, change and die.

Or maybe, just die.

I closed my eyes again. I didn’t want to continue thinking about all the things that I might have lost, why I was there and why I was alone.
The last thing that I remembered was touching my head again. The blood was everywhere around me, and my head was a river of red liquid.
I also heard a deep howl that froze my heart. It was him. My little wolf licked my mouth soothing me.

But it was too late.

No hay comentarios: